Dr. Lisa Abernethy Christman
Dr. Lisa Abernathy Christman is a medical dermatologist serving Raleigh and the surrounding communities for 25 years. She grew up in Hickory, NC, attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for her undergraduate degree, medical degree, and internal medicine internship. She completed her dermatology residency at the University of Louisville. Dr. Christman practices in Raleigh’s North Hills area and focuses primarily on medical dermatology.
Dr. Christman served for several years on the North Carolina Committee for Cancer Coordination and Control as the North Carolina Dermatology Association’s representative. She was involved in the effort to develop a skin cancer prevention plan for the state. Dr. Christman performs skin cancer surveillance exams and is committed to patient education regarding the prevention, early detection and treatment of skin cancer. She enjoys seeing patients of all ages to address a variety of dermatology conditions.
In her free time Dr. Christman enjoys traveling, gardening, and spending time with her husband, grown children, and dogs.
- American Board of Dermatology
- Diplomat, American Board of Dermatology
- Member, American Board of Medical Specialties
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Member, North Carolina Dermatology Association
- Member, Southern Medical Association
Education and Training
- B.S. in Nursing 1981 – University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill
- Medical Degree 1987 – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Internal Medicine Internship 1990 – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Dermatology Residency Training 1991-1994 – University of Louisville; Louisville, KY