What To Know About Dermatology
posted: Sep. 29, 2022.
How your dermatologists in Cary, Chapel Hill, Pittsboro, Sanford, and Raleigh, NC, can help you look and feel your best
Your skin is an important part of you. Healthy skin is important to your overall health, and how you look and feel about yourself. Dermatology is the special branch of medicine dedicated to your skin. Your dermatologist is dedicated to helping you achieve healthy, beautiful skin for life.
The dermatologists at Central Dermatology Center provide a wide range of dermatologic services. They have several convenient office locations in Cary, Chapel Hill, Pittsboro, Sanford, and Raleigh, NC, to help keep your skin healthy.
Your dermatologist can treat a wide variety of medical issues of your skin, including:
- Acne, which is one of the most common skin conditions affecting adolescents and adults
- Rashes, which can be caused by allergies, your immune system, or other environmental factors
- Rosacea, which is often diffuse redness on your face
- Psoriasis is an autoimmune skin condition that can also affect the joints
- Skin cancer, which can be caused by sun exposure
Your dermatologist is also an expert in aesthetic dermatology, which can help you minimize the early signs of aging, so you can look your best. Aesthetic dermatology services can help with:
- Fine lines and wrinkles, by using dermal fillers like Juvederm, and neurotoxins like Botox
- Sagging skin, by using micro-needling, thermage and other services which boost collagen production
- Uneven skin tone and texture, by using skin resurfacing treatments like laser treatment and chemical peels
Dermatology services are not just for your face. Your body can benefit from dermatology services too. Your dermatologist can:
- Remove unwanted hair from your legs, bikini line, underarms, and upper lip
- Improve texture and scarring using laser therapy
- Help you regain your shape with body contouring treatments like Coolsculpting
To learn more about dermatology and how your dermatologist can help you look and feel your best, call the dermatologists at Central Dermatology Center. You can reach them in any of their locations in Cary, Chapel Hill, Pittsboro, Sanford, and Raleigh, NC, by calling (919) 401-1994.