Dr. Amy L. Gagnon
A dermatologist serving Durham, Chapel Hill, and Cary, NC where she grew up and graduated from Southeast Raleigh High School. She was awarded EC Scholar and completed both an undergraduate degree in Business Management and a Masters degree in Business Administration at East Carolina University. She stayed in Greenville, NC for medical school at Brody School of Medicine. She completed her dermatology residency at University of Virginia, where she served as Chief Resident during her last year of training.
She worked in private practice in Central Virginia prior to moving back home to the Triangle in 2018. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and enjoys treating patients of all ages, diagnosing and treating various skin diseases, and educating patients on skin health. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her young family, running, cooking, and traveling.
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and Training
- East Carolina University, B.S.B.A. in Business Management
- East Carolina University, M.B.A.
- Brody School of Medicine, M.D.
- Vidant Medical Center, Internship
- University of Virginia, Dermatology Residency
Areas of Special Interest
- General Adult and Pediatric Medical Dermatology
- Hair Disorders, Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne
- Skin cancer surveillance, prevention, and treatment
- Dermatologic Surgery
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Medical Director of the Skin Care and Laser Center of Central Dermatology