Dr. Beth G. Goldstein
As a dermatologist serving Sanford, Durham, and Chapel Hill, NC, I focus on treating skin cancers and emphasize providing the best experience and outcome possible for the patient. With more than 21 years of dermatology experience, I have developed a focus on surgical dermatology, including Mohs surgery. It’s my passion to educate patients about not only the prevention of skin cancer, but also its early detection when treatment is much more effective and less disfiguring. I also focus on educating patients about avoiding further sun damage to their skin.
When I moved to Chapel Hill as a dermatologist more than 20 years ago, I knew that treating skin cancer was one of the most gratifying aspects of my practice. For many years I desired to learn more surgical skills and get training in Mohs surgery, which is one of the most effective techniques available for treating skin cancers. Since 2008, I have been performing this technique in a quiet, comfortable setting.
While my focus is now primarily surgical, I am still involved in treating dermatology patients of all ages and diagnoses as a supervising physician of our excellent physician assistants. I also continue to perform cosmetic laser surgeries, chemical peels, fillers, and consult on other cosmetic procedures.
If you’d like to meet with board-certified dermatologist Dr. Beth Goldstein for a Mohs or Skin Cancer consultation, please request a consultation online, or call Central Dermatology Center at (919) 401-1994 to schedule an appointment.
- Phi Beta Kappa 1981
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Society for Mohs Surgery
- Fellow of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- North Carolina Dermatology Society
- North Carolina Medical Society
Education and Training
- Undergraduate: University of Georgia, cum laude
- Medical School: Medical College of Georgia
- Internship and Residency: Medical College of Georgia
- Durham Regional Hospital